As a small business owner, promoting your business may be intimidating especially if you’re not sure where to begin. Your business can use some marketing and promotion no matter what success stage it’s in. if you’re at loss on how get your business brand out in the marketplace, here are some insightful ideas you can use.
1. Start by building a blog to promote your business. Blogs should have quality content about your products or services. Blogs are a great way to get personal and direct with your customers. Share your passions, how you want to make a difference through your products, your thoughts and feelings about everything that relates to your business, even talk about yourself. It’s simple to launch your own blog by having a catchy domain name and a web host, as well as unique content.
2. Promote your products or services through content you’ve written on social media. Social media sites like Facebook and Twitter are great marketing outlets. You can also use Pinterest for uploading high-quality images about your products. Social media sites are free and it pays off each day you spend your time online since you have the potential of reaching out to millions of users around the world.
3. Small businesses can gain more visibility and success if you advertise where your customers are located. You can do this online (through Geo-targeting) or offline at a local area. You can purchase ad space where you think you can get the most out of your ads.
4. Have your business be received locally in printed media. Contact magazines, newspapers, and radio stations and offer something interesting and relevant to your business. If they like it, there’s a good chance of having your information printed.
5. Have your own business showcased through sites such as Mediabistro, Craigslist, or Elance. The higher your chance of raising awareness about your products and services if there are more places that you can take part in. However, just make it easy and simple for potential clients to find your business online.
6. Local promotion is still important for businesses so have your brand enlisted in Google Places or Yelp to enlighten potential clients about what you’re offering. If you have no clue how to go about marketing your business locally, the U.S. Small Business Administration offers local assistance to small business owners and entrepreneurs through mentoring, counseling and training.
7. You can offer promotions, samples and freebies, and giveaways online to have your visitors return to your website. Have people get interested in your products by letting them know how you stand out from your competitors and get them test your products out first.
8. Don’t forget to print out business cards, flyers and posters. You still need these printed materials to help market your business.
There are several ways that you can endorse your small business to the world. It’s not an easy task make ends meet by being a self-employed entrepreneur, but there’s a good chance that if you follow your heart and passions, you can succeed.